Dominica Marriage Requirements
The information below outlines the marriage requirements for getting married in Dominica
- At least one member of the party must be in Dominica for a minimum of two (2) days prior to the ceremony.
- Birth Certificates and passports are required.
- Completed application form 'G' must be signed by both parties and witnessed by a magistrate.
- Each party must sign a completed declaration form before a Commissioner of Oaths. $5.00 postage stamp must be affixed to each form and marital status form.
- If married before, decree of divorce or death certificate of former spouse must be produced.
- A license fee of $300.00 must be paid on submission of above-listed documents.
- Prospective spouses are advised to seek the advice of suitable counsellors
- Application form is obtainable from Ministry of Community Development & Women Affairs (see below)
The form must be returned to the same Ministry duly signed, witnessed and accompanied by the requested proof of identity and marital status. After processing the application a marriage license is issued by the Ministry of Community Development.
This license must be presented to the Registrar at the time of the marriage ceremony.
Cost of Marriage License EC$300.00 to be paid to the Ministry of Community Development.
Marriages with the Registrar's Office – EC $30.00
Marriages celebrated outside the Registrar's Offices will cost EC $100.00 plus a reasonable transportation fee.
Lawyers fee for statuary declaration on marital status (inclusive of Affidavit) – EC $500.00
- Must fulfil Government's requirements.
- Must have documentation from respective Parish Priest indicating that appropriate preparation courses have been followed
- Must visit the Parish Priest in Dominica who may offer counselling.
- Cost of church wedding - EC $150.00
- Must seek permission from the Government.
- Must publish bans and purchase marriage license.
- Must attend counselling sessions, normally three sessions.
The registrar's office should be contacted for specific rules regarding planning your destination or beach wedding in Dominica. They will also provide information regarding marriage licenses and marriage certificates.
Ministry of Community Development & Women Affairs
Tel: 767 448 2401
Visit the Dominica Wedding Directory