St Kitts and Nevis Marriage Requirements
The information below outlines the marriage requirements for getting married in St Kitts and Nevis
- To get married, couples should be on St. Kitts or Nevis for two full working (week) days before the wedding day.
- Both parties must have either a valid passport or birth certificate.
- If either party is divorced, a decree absolute must be presented. If documents are not in English they must be accompanied by a notarized translation.
- f either party is widowed, a copy of the death certificate of the deceased spouse must be presented.
- If the ceremony is to be performed by a Catholic priest, it must take place in a Catholic Church, and a letter must come from the couple's resident priest verifying that they are unmarried and have received the necessary instructions.
- If an Anglican priest or other minister of religion is to perform the ceremony, a letter must come from the couple's resident minister verifying that they are known and unmarried. It the couple is resident in St. Kitts and Nevis for the stipulated period, a notary public and a marriage officer would have to be paid, and the charges vary from island to island and from officer to officer.
- If the couple is residing or staying on St. Kitts or Nevis for the minimum period of two-week days, the license fee is US $80; if the couple is residing here for 15 days prior to the marriage, the fee is only US $20
If parties have never been married before an affidavit is required confirming single status and can be obtained from a Notary Public in the home country or on island for a cost of US$ 20.00 or EC$ 50.00 (compulsory in Nevis)
If you have any questions please contact the Nevis Tourism Authority at 869-469-1042 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The registrar's office should be contacted for specific rules regarding planning your destination or beach wedding in St Kitts and Nevis. They will also provide information regarding marriage licenses and marriage certificates.
Visit the St Kitts and Nevis Wedding Directory