Trinidad & Tobago Marriage Requirements
The information below outlines the marriage requirements for getting married in Trinidad & Tobago
- Three days' residence in the country must be established (calculated from the day after the date of arrival)
- Both parties must attend of the offices listed below not less than 24 hours before intended time of marriage to make a statutory declaration and pay fees. office hours are 8:30am to 3pm
- Proof of residence - passport and airline tickets
- Identification of applicants - passport
- If divorced, original or notarized copy of degree absolute
- If widowed, original deaths certificate of spouse.
- Deed poll or other proofs of name change where name differs on documents
NB. A notarized English translation is required if documents are not in English.
The license costs TT$337.50 (US$51) which is payable in cash or in postage stamps obtainable from the General Post Office.
The registrar's office should be contacted for specific rules regarding planning your destination or beach wedding in Trinidad & Tobago. They will also provide information regarding marriage licenses and marriage certificates.
Trinidad Registrar General's Office
72 - 74 South Quay
Port of Spain
Tel: 868 623 7163
Tobago Warden's Office
Inland Revenue Bldg
Tel: 868 639 2410
Visit the Trinidad & Tobago Wedding Directory