Turks & Caicos Marriage Requirements
The information below outlines the marriage requirements for getting married in Turks & Caicos
To get married in Turks and Caicos there is a waiting period of only 24 hours.
- birth certificate
- proof of single status: decree absolute (or death cert) or a sworn affidavit of singledom
- in cases of name change you will need the Deed Poll or Adoption documents
- if under the age of 21 then notarized parental consent.
- The parties must not be within the prohibited degree of relationships to each other.
- Letter stating both parties occupations, marital status, age as of last birthday, present address of residence and fathers full name.
- For church weddings most Ministers require proof of membership.
The marriage must be solemnized by a registrar of Marriage Officer (usually the Registrar General for Special Licenses) who is entitled to payment of reasonable traveling expenses if the marriage takes place other than at his usual place of business.
License fee is US$50.00. Only original documents should be presented and must be translated into English where they are not already.
Marriage licences may take 2 or 3 days to obtain.
The registrar's office should be contacted for specific rules regarding planning your destination or beach wedding in Turks & Caicos. They will also provide information regarding marriage licenses and marriage certificates.
Registrar of Marriages
Tel: 649 941 5123
Visit the Turks & Caicos Wedding Directory