Beach Wedding Guide

Beach Wedding Guide and Caribbean Desitnation Wedding Resource

Don’t forget to log in!
(or click here to register)

Need everyones opinion- Inviting Guest!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Beach Wedding Forum Forum Index -> Your Planning Experiences...
Princess Webster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Need everyones opinion- Inviting Guest! Reply with quote

Although i have a dtae and my wedding is in 2008, all of my guest live in new york city or florida, is there a way of letting people know in advance about my wedding in DR, and how much time in advanced is good? he hasnt proposed because hes just looking for the perfect ring, but how will i know if anyone will come?
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as soon as he pops the question, you should set up your free wedding website right here on islandbrides.com.

This way, you can post news updates whenever you need to, keeping your families up to date on the plans, while also asking them to leave a message in your guestbook if they think they will be able to be there with you.

At the end of the day, not everyone will be able to come, but always remember, its *your* day, not theirs, and while it would be wonderful to have everyone there, don't let it spoil your big day if there are a few that couldn't be.

You can always make up for it by throwing a mini-reception or party when you get back home.

Whatever you decide, be sure to let everyone know here on the forums.

Good luck with the plans!

IB Admin.
Princess Webster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Great Idea!
ReAnn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually in the same boat as you are in.

What I have done is created a website here on islandbrides and once it is ready I will let everyone know about it.

I've already asked my friends who I would like to be part of my wedding party if they would do me the honour...everyone said yes since I've given them almost 2 years to save and as a gift to them I decided to purchase their shoes (Just a little something I wanted to do).

I will be sending out my invitations earlier than usual. The wedding will be in July of 2008. I've decided to send out the invitations July 2007 and I'm asking everyone to RSVP by January 2008. Most caterers want at least 4-6 months notice and downpayment.

How many guests are you anticipating for?
Princess Webster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Thanksss! Reply with quote

Reann,

Wow you lifted a burden off of my soldiers, so now i dont feel alone, im going to check out that info you sent me girl! thanks a million ! I appreciate it!
Copes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either send the invitations early or send "save the date" cards so people know in advance and can start saving Exclamation
saradenise

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We told all our closest friends and family about a year in advance, and then sent out save the date cards to everyone six months in advance.

The problem with that was that the cruise deadline for the price we had locked was only a few weeks later, so keep in mind any reservation deadlines when deciding to mail out save the date cards.

Good luck and nice work deciding on the date and place so far in advance!
MissKrista

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, letting people know as soon as you can is the best idea!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Beach Wedding Forum Forum Index -> Your Planning Experiences... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Beach Wedding Guide forums powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
All other portions of this site © islandbrides.com Beach Wedding Guide

Anguilla Weddings | Antigua & Barbuda Weddings | Aruba Weddings | Bahamas Weddings | Barbados Weddings | Belize Weddings | Bermuda Weddings | Bonaire Weddings | British Virgin Islands Weddings | Cancun Weddings | Cayman Islands Weddings | Cozumel Weddings | Cuba Weddings | Curacao Weddings | Dominica Weddings | Dominican Republic Weddings | Grenada Weddings | Guadeloupe Weddings | Jamaica Weddings | Martinique Weddings | Montserrat Weddings | Puerto Rico Weddings | Saba Weddings | St Barthelemy Weddings | St Eustatius Weddings | St Kitts and Nevis Weddings | St Lucia Weddings | St Maarten Weddings | St Martin Weddings | St Vincent & The Grenadines Weddings | Trinidad & Tobago Weddings | Turks & Caicos Weddings | U.S. Virgin Islands Weddings |