Beach Wedding Guide

Beach Wedding Guide and Caribbean Desitnation Wedding Resource

Don’t forget to log in!
(or click here to register)

Happy but dissapointed all at the same time.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Beach Wedding Forum Forum Index -> After the events...
katie80

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Happy but dissapointed all at the same time....... Reply with quote

O.k so I know this might sound selfish but I really am pissed off. My sister just got engaged and had planned to be married in our town for many years in a local hotel, now that she is engaged and I am not yet she has stolen my idea and now decided to take my long awaited goal to be married with a destination wedding & told our whole family she is marrying in Cabos. I am devastated, not only has she taken my idea she has now made our family all strapped for cash until 2010 when her wedding is. I was also advised by her to not get married till 2011 or later when everyone can afford to go to it.
I am trying to be supportive, but in all honestly am really shocked that she would do that to me especially knowing how excited I was for mine to be different than the rest of the families. I don't know how to fake that I am o.k with her plan and that although her idea of wedding changed within 3 minutes of being engaged it's truly not right. She didn't ask me if I would be mad or anything, just decided to proceed and never thought twice about her selfish decision. Now if I go ahead and get married it will look like I copied her idea & that is not at all how it was.
punkie569

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that really sucks and is pretty crappy of your sister to do to you. All I can do is sympathize as my sister is now out to ruin my wedding. We aren't getting married until next year but we are telling people now so they have time to save up.

Well all of a sudden now my sister wants to get married. She has never wanted to before and I'm sure if I wasn't getting married she wouldn't be either. My mom seems to think it's ok if she was to get married this year but I know my sister is just doing it out of spite. She always wants to be the first at everything (babies, house buying etc) and now I'm taking getting married first away from her. This is my one big exciting thing in life and she wants to take that away from me even though she's had her babies and had the attention. She just couldn't let me have this one and that is selfish on her part just like with your sister.

I don't think you are being selfish at all. It was really unfair of your sister to plan a DW knowing that is what you wanted. It's sad when weddings bring out the worst in people. Maybe you could talk to her and let her know how you feel? I hope you can come to an understanding with your sister.
babyfazt09

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess, you have to talk to her and explain your side. Ask her, why she ended up like that, deciding without even considering your feelings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Beach Wedding Forum Forum Index -> After the events... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Beach Wedding Guide forums powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
All other portions of this site © islandbrides.com Beach Wedding Guide

Anguilla Weddings | Antigua & Barbuda Weddings | Aruba Weddings | Bahamas Weddings | Barbados Weddings | Belize Weddings | Bermuda Weddings | Bonaire Weddings | British Virgin Islands Weddings | Cancun Weddings | Cayman Islands Weddings | Cozumel Weddings | Cuba Weddings | Curacao Weddings | Dominica Weddings | Dominican Republic Weddings | Grenada Weddings | Guadeloupe Weddings | Jamaica Weddings | Martinique Weddings | Montserrat Weddings | Puerto Rico Weddings | Saba Weddings | St Barthelemy Weddings | St Eustatius Weddings | St Kitts and Nevis Weddings | St Lucia Weddings | St Maarten Weddings | St Martin Weddings | St Vincent & The Grenadines Weddings | Trinidad & Tobago Weddings | Turks & Caicos Weddings | U.S. Virgin Islands Weddings |