Beach Wedding Guide

Beach Wedding Guide and Caribbean Desitnation Wedding Resource

Don’t forget to log in!
(or click here to register)

St. John & St. Thomas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Beach Wedding Forum Forum Index -> Wedding Destination Questions
ginasz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: St. John & St. Thomas Reply with quote

We're planning a DW for St. Thomas or St. John in July 2006. Has anyone here been? Any recommendations as far as wedding coordinators, ceremony locations, hair, makeup, photographers, etc.? This is my second marriage and FH's first. We won't be having any guests...just the two of us, and we'd like to stay somewhere on the island secluded/romantic, preferrably that has fewer kids around. Any suggestions, advice that any of you have would be grealty appreicated! Thanks in advance Smile
Chrissy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: St Thomas & St John Reply with quote

If it is just the two of you DEFINITELY hook up with Stuart at Island Bliss and his wife Janelle now does wedding planning for the larger weddings he gets.

We stayed on St John and were a little nervous about the whole process. He charged us $250 for the service on St John but then we paid him and extra $50 to pick us up at the airport since we didn't want to deal with Taxis, etc. He met us, even though our plane was late, stopped and got us a couple of drinks, took us to the courthouse and breezed us through that and then gave us a quick tour of St Thomas on the way to the Red Hook ferry dock.

He is AMAZING, like one of those people you just meet but you feel like you have known him your whole life. I have some photos if you want them just let me know. We got married on Trunk Bay in the morning and it was gorgeous and not many people were there. Go to the far right of the beach, although Stuart will give you all the ins and outs.

ENJOY! I'm going back EVERY year now, its absolute paradise.
ginasz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Chrissy! Yes, I would love to see your photos! Where did you stay while in the islands? We'd like somewhere romantic, not too secluded, but not with a thousand kids either. How expensive is it for meals? That's the only thing that scares me....we've never traveled without going all-inclusive and I don't want to spend $1000s on food! Thanks!
Gina
Chrissy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: St John Reply with quote

Here are my pictures I don't know if the link will work so feel free to email me as well bridezilla2005 at hotmail

http://www.paradisepictures.vi/cgi-bin/ip/scan/mp=viewAlbum/sf=event_id/se=PayneBrown02262006/sf=album/se=0/tf=sku.html?id=kyqwIAmz

We stayed at a villa which was reasonable but if you looking for something more affordable talk to Stuart at he will give you some advice. I know Inn at Tamarind Court on St John has reasonable rates. Keep in mind its much cheaper to stay on St Thomas.[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Beach Wedding Forum Forum Index -> Wedding Destination Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Beach Wedding Guide forums powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
All other portions of this site © islandbrides.com Beach Wedding Guide

Anguilla Weddings | Antigua & Barbuda Weddings | Aruba Weddings | Bahamas Weddings | Barbados Weddings | Belize Weddings | Bermuda Weddings | Bonaire Weddings | British Virgin Islands Weddings | Cancun Weddings | Cayman Islands Weddings | Cozumel Weddings | Cuba Weddings | Curacao Weddings | Dominica Weddings | Dominican Republic Weddings | Grenada Weddings | Guadeloupe Weddings | Jamaica Weddings | Martinique Weddings | Montserrat Weddings | Puerto Rico Weddings | Saba Weddings | St Barthelemy Weddings | St Eustatius Weddings | St Kitts and Nevis Weddings | St Lucia Weddings | St Maarten Weddings | St Martin Weddings | St Vincent & The Grenadines Weddings | Trinidad & Tobago Weddings | Turks & Caicos Weddings | U.S. Virgin Islands Weddings |