Beach Wedding Guide

Beach Wedding Guide and Caribbean Desitnation Wedding Resource

Don’t forget to log in!
(or click here to register)

NEED Info about Dominican Republic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Beach Wedding Forum Forum Index -> Wedding Destination Questions
jennyort1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: NEED Info about Dominican Republic Reply with quote

HI,
I really need information about where to have my wedding in DR. I am planning to have it next summer but I just dont know where to start. What should I do first? I am really stress out because people are telling me that it can take a very long time to plan a destination wedding.
cmmdee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not despair. I know someone who planned a DR destination wedding in just five months.
The main thing you need to decide is on which part of the island you want your wedding. I am Dominican so I am familiar with the areas.
There are two major resort towns: Puerto Plata and Punta Cana.
My wedding will be in Punta Cana.
I have a LOT of information on the different resorts there so if you have any questions, just email me.
GOOD LUCK!
zsweetyy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Some help Reply with quote

If you are interested in The Lifestyle Hacienda Resort in Puerto Plata on Cofresi Beach, I can help you with a lot of the planning/booking. This resort is an all inclusive and it's really incredible. Your guests can stay in 5 star villas and really spacious suites. The resort has spent $$$ renovating and making it top of the line for Puerto Plata !

PM me or e-mail !!!
Jennyjenn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: PUNTA CANA Reply with quote

I am planning a wedding in PUNTA CANA! I stayed at the majestic Colonial (BEAUTIFUL) and Melia caribe (BEAUTIFUL). I don't think you can go wrong really- affordable, beautiful, clean, great service.
But any help would be appreciated in terms of PLANNING- where do i start???? Do i need a planner??? I want something tasteful and modern and chic.
IDEASS????

hulaqt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Melia Caribe Tropical! Reply with quote

HI!

We are having our wedding at the Melia in Punta Cana on May 26th, 2008! Have you made any decisions on where you will be staying? The Melia's gazebo sold us on having it there!
Now, we are deciding if we should have our reception/dinner at the resort (for a surcharge) or at this highly recommended restaurant called the Jellyfish ... anyone heard of it?????
Jennyjenn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Punta Cana Reply with quote

Greetings! We are still trying to decide- but I HAVE stayed at Melia Caribe and it was my first time in DR. It was FAB-U-LOUS! Yes- the gazebo rocks!
I also was thinking of the Jellyfish restaurant but wondered what other people have thought....
When is your date set for? Do you have a separate wedding planner or travel agent or just going at it alone?

best-
J-

Jennyjenn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oppps sorry hulaqt - u said May 2008! Mine will be in January 2009. We are thinking Paradisus Palma Real. Anyone have thoughts on Palma Real in Punta Cana?

I too was really thinking about the Jellyfish- it looks beautiful and I would love to have the reception move out into the beach area as well! I wonder which is more affordable...

Beach_It!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Majestic Reply with quote

Hi Jenny,
I've been all over the DR and I love it! Punta Cana is the most popular part from what I hear, at least with weddings. It's funny you said that you loved the Majestic, I had some friends go there and they loved it too. I was looking for info on their wedding packages and found this, you must be on the right track if you are thinking about there, it looks amazing!

http://blog.destinationweddings.com/blog/bid/7269/Destination-Wedding-Packages-Magestic-Colonial-Punta-Cana

I stayed at a really great small boutique resort on the north shore, I'm going to have to go back to think of the name but it was great. It only had about 15 rooms, and they even had some villas that you could rent.
rebecca76

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Just Married June 12 Palma Real Reply with quote

Hi Everyone Smile
Here is a link to my photo's

http://paradisuspalmarealpuntacana.shutterfly.com
newscctv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not despair. I know someone who planned a DR destination wedding in just five months.
wedding dresses
wedding gowns
The main thing you need to decide is on which part of the island you want your wedding. I am Dominican so I am familiar with the areas.
I have a LOT of information on the different resorts there so if you have any questions, just email me.
GOOD LUCK!
newscctv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wedding dresses
wedding gowns
GOOD LUCK!
Code:
[url][/url]
annaldw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reception Bands in Punta Cana!?! Reply with quote

cmmdee wrote:
GOOD LUCK!

-----------------------------------
Hello!!! Smile

I saw your posting about Punta Cana... it sounds like you have a lot of info and are very organised so far!! Smile

I was wondering if you have any suggestions for a wedding reception band... I am getting married at the Secrets Sanctuary.. any help would be SOO appreciated!!!! Smile

Hope your wedding was amazing!!!
golfsleft44

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best friend got married in the Dominican Republic and I learned he contacted a planner there just 3 months ahead, they got it all set in no time. The main issue here is the paperwork and that takes about 3 weeks. Since they do so many weddings, everything else is ready to be deployed within days and even hours for simple wedding celebrations on the beach.

It seems there`s a preset package that includes food, drinks, music, photographer, video, decoration, etc. and it could be as low as $3k or as high as we can pay. I`m planning to tie the knot there next year, but I`m starting to realize the myths about planning, no need to worry just pay the planner a few months ahead and it`s done. I`m considering these two, one in punta cana and the one in puerto plata:

http://www.dominican-caribbean-wedding.com
http://www.puntacana.com/your-puntacana-wedding/wedding-planning
golfsleft44

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Myths on planners Reply with quote

My best friend got married in the Dominican Republic and I learned he contacted a planner there just 3 months ahead, they got it all set in no time. The main issue here is the paperwork and that takes about 3 weeks. Since they do so many weddings, everything else is ready to be deployed within days and even hours for simple wedding celebrations on the beach.

It seems there`s a preset package that includes food, drinks, music, photographer, video, decoration, etc. and it could be as low as $3k or as high as we can pay. I`m planning to tie the knot there next year, but I`m starting to realize the myths about planning, no need to worry just pay the planner a few months ahead and it`s done. I`m considering these two, one in punta cana and the one in puerto plata:

http://www.dominican-caribbean-wedding.com
http://www.puntacana.com/your-puntacana-wedding/wedding-planning

newscctv wrote:
wedding dresses
wedding gowns
GOOD LUCK!
doltuku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the information guys
mobil dijual
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Beach Wedding Forum Forum Index -> Wedding Destination Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Beach Wedding Guide forums powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
All other portions of this site © islandbrides.com Beach Wedding Guide

Anguilla Weddings | Antigua & Barbuda Weddings | Aruba Weddings | Bahamas Weddings | Barbados Weddings | Belize Weddings | Bermuda Weddings | Bonaire Weddings | British Virgin Islands Weddings | Cancun Weddings | Cayman Islands Weddings | Cozumel Weddings | Cuba Weddings | Curacao Weddings | Dominica Weddings | Dominican Republic Weddings | Grenada Weddings | Guadeloupe Weddings | Jamaica Weddings | Martinique Weddings | Montserrat Weddings | Puerto Rico Weddings | Saba Weddings | St Barthelemy Weddings | St Eustatius Weddings | St Kitts and Nevis Weddings | St Lucia Weddings | St Maarten Weddings | St Martin Weddings | St Vincent & The Grenadines Weddings | Trinidad & Tobago Weddings | Turks & Caicos Weddings | U.S. Virgin Islands Weddings |